We deal with locally owned, family run businesses right through to High Net Worth Individuals with business interests in multiple tax jurisdictions.
Our recent experience in dealing with a group reorganisation is detailed below.
- The client was a family run business involved in the engineering sector.
- They operated two distinct trades within the one trading company.
- We applied for HMRC clearance to set up a group structure with a holding company and two trading subsidiaries.
- The existing trading business was demerged into the two newly formed trading subsidiaries.
- This allowed each part of the business to be protected from the trading risks of the other part
- This also allowed the owners to bring on key management for each part of the business and align their reward with their respective business
- It also facilitated a potential medium term exit from the business by way of an MBO